Why would writing and publishing a book be one of the best things you could do for your business?
It is nothing short of tragic that most business owners today are in the dark as to the value of a book for building their business. Here are three typical situations that illustrate my point:
Situation #1: Let’s say you strike up a conversation with a financial planner at a conference, and you hit it off. A moment later, he hands you his business card. When you confess that you’ve been considering some investment possibilities, he takes out his pen, circles his number on the card, and writes a special message on the back, just for you. Good use of a business card! He made it memorable for you, and gave you a reason to call him.
Later that same day, however, you meet two other money guys, and they each do something similar. By this time, you’re thoroughly confused. What if one of them had said to you, “Hey, I wrote the book on that!” and placed it in you hand? Don’t you think that might have cleared things up for you?
Situation #2: A CEO confides that she’s having difficulty keeping her team members focused on the direction she has set for her company. Think of the weight a book could take off her shoulders! Don’t you think she’d go home a happier woman if she had a chapter to refer them to, instead of having to repeat herself at every turn?
#3: A massage therapist I met on the Marketers’ Cruise chuckled derisively when I suggested she write a book. “I don’t need one,” she said. “I’m doing just fine. I couldn’t handle a heavier client load.”
By the time we separated to go network with other business owners, though, I could see her wheels turning. “Yeah,” she said, “I guess if it brought in more business than I could handle, I could probably get other massage therapists to pay me 10% for referrals.”
Probably? What therapist in their right mind wouldn’t jump at that deal? With a book to establish her authority she could be raking in referral fees all over town.
No matter what business you’re in, here are some of the things a well written book will do for you and your business:
- Clarify Your Vision for Your Company: Putting your vision down in writing is a great way to identify and resolve contradictions in your own mind and assure singularity of purpose in your business. Once it’s all clear in your mind and down on paper, the world will have a much better understanding of what your business is all about.
- Attract Tons More Customers or Clients: A book tips the scales strongly in your favor over the business cards or brochures your prospects receive from your competitors. Plus, you’ll find clients sharing your book with their friends or colleagues, online and off, building the “buzz” around your business.
- Earn Referrals from Competitors: That may sound crazy, but it’s not. Your book sets you up as an authority in your competitors’ eyes as well, the one they can refer people to when they can’t handle their problems.
- Garner Media Attention: Being a published author makes you irresistible to the media—the TV and radio shows (online and off) that spread your word like wildfire to draw in huge audiences of interested individuals and groups.
- Help Clients or Customers Glean Better Value from Your Offering: An authoritative book adds actual and perceived value by educating your prospects and clients just enough to help them take better advantage of your products and services. It can also reduce the number of complaints, and provide the answers to those you do receive.
- Simplify Qualifying and Training of Staff and Outsourcers: Your book becomes an indispensible tool for qualifying new team members and outsourcers and training them to operate in alignment with your vision.
- Attract and Engage the Right Joint Venture Partners: An authoritative book gives prospective joint venture and strategic alliance partners a way to quickly get a handle on what your business is all about, so they’ll understand why they would be aligned with you. It lets them know you are serious and worh their investment of time and energy.
- Save Your Time and Your Vocal Cords: Your book saves you tons of time by eliminating many of the questions you otherwise have to keep answering. Just hand them your book and say, “Take a look at chapter seven. It says it better than I can.”
- Build Enormous Value for Your Mid-Range and High-End Products: A properly crafted book will make the benefit of all the products in your line crystal clear. This is the supreme benefit of a book; all the others are just steps to making this one happen in a big way.
- Make Your Business More Saleable When You’re Ready to Move On: Are you so caught up in the operation of your business that you never give any thought to creating an exit strategy? Big mistake! When it comes time, your book gives you an easy way to draw prospective buyers in, highlights the foundation you’ve built, and sweetens the deal by offering them a “track to run on” should they so choose.
You may resist taking the time to write and publish a book, but the sooner you get one in place, the sooner all the areas of your business will come together to create the life you dream of. The good news is, there is an easy way to create the unique, top quality book that will earn you all the benefits outlined above … and more.
Have you thought about hiring a ghostwriter? One with the expertise to tell your story in your voice, and in so doing make you and your products and services irresistible to your target audience? And more! Freeing you up to keep your focus on running your business.
To explore the possibility of having a ghost writer create your book, don’t hesitate to schedule a call with me. I’ll listen attentively while you tell me about your business and your vision, and make recommendations based on the information you provide. If we agree that a book is the answer, our team will create a custom package just for you, one that will repay you many times your investment.
Schedule that call now so I can guide you through the maze of possibilities!
To your business success and life fulfillment,
Founder, AWriteToKnow.com Founder, PetWrites.com Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ChiwahSlater Facebook: http://facebook.com/chiwah.slater LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chiwah Twitter: https://twitter.com/PetWrites Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/chiwahslater YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQvxaLnSFpXmtjWBd1fFEUw