Congratulations! You have successfully enrolled in the
Nonfiction Book Planning Workshop
Sunday, April 23, 2017
at: Rossi’s Pizza
156 S. Rancho Santa Fe Rd., San Marcos 92069
Mid-Afternoon Meal Included
(Eat before you come.
We’ll have a meal at about 3:00 to keep your energy up.)
Before the Workshop, Please do the following:
1. Narrow down your idea of who you’ll be writing to. Who is your Ideal Reader? If you were writing your book to ONE PERSON, who would that person be? Consider: Gender, Age, Mindset, Education Level, Income Level, Spiritual Orientation, Political Leanings, Interests and Hobbies, Marital Status, and any other items relevant qualities. It’s even a good idea to find and print a Google image of your Ideal Reader and bring it with you.
Narrowing down your focus this way makes your book more personal to the reader. You can (and probably will) write about situations outside your Ideal Reader’s experience, but keeping your Ideal Reader in mind as you do so will make your writing more consistent and congruent.
2. Write a letter TO YOURSELF from your Ideal Reader, telling you how your book changed their life. Put yourself in their shoes, and imagine every possible way that reading your book might impact them. If you really do this, you’ll be amazed at the difference your book can make in a reader’s life! This letter will inspire you as you write, and it will become the basis for the back cover of your printed book, your Amazon book description, and any literature you put out on your book.
Bring to Workshop:
• Laptop Computer, iPad, or Notebook
(if you don’t have one, borrow one or call Chiwah at 760-586-5392)
• Paper to Take Notes (optional)
• Ideal Reader Description and Picture (optional)
Please arrive on time to have plenty of time to finish your book plan!