Why would writing and publishing a book be one of the best things you could do for your business?
It is nothing short of tragic that most business owners today are in the dark as to the value of a book for building their business. Here are three typical situations that illustrate my point:
Situation #3: A CEO confides that she’s having difficulty keeping her team members focused on the direction she has set for her company. That’s a weight a book could take off her shoulders. “Check out chapter three in my book,” she could say, instead of having to repeat herself at every turn. Headache dissolved!
No matter what business you’re in, here are a few advantages a well-written book offers you and your business:
- Clarifies Your Vision for Your Company: Putting your vision down in writing is a great way to identify and resolve contradictions in your own mind and assure singularity of purpose in your business. Once it’s all clear in your mind and down on paper, the world will have a much better understanding of what your business is all about.
- Maximizes New Client/Customer Attraction: Writing a book tips the scales strongly in your favor over the business cards or brochures your prospects receive from your competitors. Plus, you’ll find clients sharing your book with friends and colleagues, online and off, building the buzz around your business.
- Earns Referrals from Competitors: This may sound crazy, but it’s not. Your book sets you up as an authority in your competitors’ eyes, making you the one they’re comfortable referring people to when they don’t have what it takes to solve their problems.
- Garners Media Attention and Speaking Engagements: Being a published author makes you irresistible to the media. TV and radio shows, online and off, can draw in huge audiences.
- Facilitates Speaking Engagements: Your book lets meeting planners know you’re an authority who can provide the high-quality content their audiences will appreciate. And back-of-the-room book sales provide you an additional revenue stream over and above your speaker fee.
- Brings You New and Repeat Customers: An authoritative book adds actual and perceived value by educating your prospects and clients just enough to help them take better advantage of your products and services. It can also reduce the number of complaints and provide the answers to those you do receive.
- Builds Enormous Value for Your Mid-Range and High-End Products: A properly crafted book will make the benefit of all the products in your line crystal clear. This is the supreme benefit of a book; all the others are just steps to making this one happen in a big way.
- Makes Teambuilding Easier—Qualify & Train Staff and Outsourcers: Your book becomes an indispensable tool for qualifying and training team members to operate in alignment with your vision. Save time and your vocal cords: Just hand them your book and say, “Take a look at chapter seven. It says it better than I can.”
- Attracts and Engages the Right Joint Venture Partners: An authoritative book gives prospective joint venture and strategic alliance partners a quick way to get a handle on what your business is all about. It also lets them know you’re serious and worth their investment of time and energy.
- Makes Your Business Easier to Sell When It’s Time to Move On: Are you so caught up in the operation of your business that you’ve never given thought to creating an exit strategy? Big mistake! When the time comes, your book gives you an easy way to draw prospective buyers in, highlights the foundation you’ve built, and sweetens the deal by offering them a “track to run on” should they so choose.
You may resist taking the time to write and publish a book, but the sooner you get one in place, the sooner all the areas of your business will come together to create the life you dream of. The good news is, there are relatively easy way to create the unique, top quality book that will earn you all the benefits outlined above … and more. Explore 7 great ideas to make writing your book easier.
Have you thought about hiring a ghostwriter? One with the expertise to tell your story in your voice, and in so doing make you and your products and services irresistible to your target audience? And more! Freeing you up to keep your focus on running your business.
To explore the possibility of having a ghost writer create your book, send us an email or pick up your phone and call me at 1-442-615-0399. I’ll listen attentively while you tell me about your business and your vision, and make recommendations based on the information you provide. If we agree that a book is the answer, we do what we can to create a custom package that fits your goals and budget.
Call now and begin your journey to a book that repays many times your investment!
To your business success and life fulfillment,
Founder, AWritetoKnow.com, GreenSongPress.com, EcoActive101.com, PetWrites.com
Facebook: https://facebook.com/chiwah.slater, https://facebook.com/thepluckyducky, https://facebook.com/ecoactive101
PS—I only promote others’ products I believe in. I use the Pro Writing Aid daily and love it; no matter how good or bad a writer you are, it will improve your writing by alerting you to important details you’ve missed. I also recommend Lisa Tener’s courses, not because I’ve taken them but because I have followed her career since 2012 and I recommend her with confidence. I will make a small profit when you purchase Pro Writing Aid Editing Tool or any of Lisa’s programs or products, at no additional cost to you.